Always inspired to blog when I have writer's block for writing papers... ironic isn't it. It's true.. I have one due tomorrow and no where near done. I was gonna go running to refresh my mind but I forgot to turn off my ipod when I got home... just waiting for it to recharge now.
I talked Marcus into training for a sprint triathlon with me and he's gone psycho in recording workouts, recruiting others, and buying all this high tech gear. If anyone is interested in reading our individual group workouts here's the link- http://dbtriathletes.wordpress.com/
Brent and I finally started running together to train for our Half. We ran 4 straight miles yesterday at a relatively constant speed, 16 laps around the effing track.. and while it's not a big deal for some people, that was way out of my comfort zone. At mile 3 my mind wasn't thinking anymore, my body was just moving on its own, and all i did was focus on one point to keep going. It's really nice having a running partner to push you on when you don't think you can go any harder or faster and it helps you to go the distance you didn't think you could do, for me at least.
People think I'm crazy for doing a Half and Tri around the same time... and others have asked why not just do the marathon? Honestly, I don't think I could mentally handle 26.2 miles... I tend to get really bored when running and I enjoy more intense workouts than endurance. But of course... one must have the endurance to do well in sprints right? This Half is a challenge for my mental game plan as well as a way to get in shape physically which will prepare me for the tri.
Some goals I have planned so far in preparation-
- Looking for random runs to do before Feb 1 for practice, already signed up for the turkey trot on thanksgiving (5 miles).
- Learn how to flip turn!! Gonna ask Liz to help me boost my swimming skills since she's the one who taught me how to swim.
- Riding down to Santa Monica and back, it's roughly 12 miles there and back.
- Riding around SF during winter break. Lots of hills to practice with!
All this running training doesn't mean that I'm gonna shaft paddling. Skipped last week of practice and I'm already itching to paddle this weekend!! It's gonna be a busy weekend...
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Half + Tri = ?
Posted by liser at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
hahah dang lisa, you're too good!
Post a Comment