No other feeling like going to the beach at 2am, laying down on the soft white sand under the moonlit sky, listening to the waves break under, the feeling of warm ocean breeze and watching the stars glimmer. I wonder how bright the moon was really shining without the intrusion from the light on the ferris wheel and pier. I'd like to think we were out there seeking for some sort of epiphany, but really it was just enough to be there and get away from the craziness that the world keeps throwing at us. I had work early the next morning, but like Chris said, "It's just something we have to do." We talked mostly of what we didn't want to end up doing after graduation and spoke dearly of our dream world instead. I want to do so much with my life, mostly exploring every country and everything they have to offer and never settling down with one career. I guess that's kind of difficult seeing as how the debt for the educational costs for all these career changes would accumulate till I died. But seriously, I can't see myself sticking with one job for the rest of my life.
To add to that, I went to an info session for the archaeology program I'm doing this summer. Most of it was boring and redundant in trying to convince students to do the program, but we were all anthro majors already and why would we come if we weren't interested? Anyway, the lady went through each program and gave a snipet about it, which proved to be pretty helpful. The two big ones I've been comtemplating about these past few months were Ireland and Botswana. I was waitlisted #5 for Ireland and after I found out that they are only taking 10 students, I was pretty sure I didn't stand a chance... so back to Botswana? Well that was the last one she talked about and at first it seemed perfect since it focuses on hunter-gatherers, one of my areas of interest... but when she showed a picture of it, she reassured us that we wouldn't see any lions or giraffes. HELLOOOO that was the best part about the program!!! Yep, heard that and scratched the idea right away. Back to square 1... kinda. I opted for Belize instead, but going to look through every program still just in case.
Work in 5.5 hours... man, why do I do this to myself.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Where's my epiphany
Posted by liser at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
haha should have just stayed up and waited for the epiphany. anyways, hopefully we will all find what we're looking for. and sucks about botswana! when i go back to africa i'll take you with me! =D
Post a Comment