CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

booowling!

Ahhh, weekend well spent.

Finally got to sleep in on Saturday morning.. which I never get to do! I've been really lazy about going out to practices this quarter... just settling for the Sunday ones w/ UCLA. Good enough for now. Watched the UCLA men's bball team lose to Washington .. sad... we are no longer the pac-10 leaders, but I'm confident that they can come back by the end of the season. Went to powell after the game only to find out that they close at 5pm on Saturdays. That's the first and last time I go to the library on a Saturday. It's so depressing there.. so stuffy and dingy and the silence absolutely kills me. I forgot my headphones the last few times I've gone. Anyway, left for ISO's instead and stayed there closing. First time I've ever walked there too! Then... went to Janet Bang's homecoming gathering.. initially we thought it was an old people's party (they're all at least 23) cause it was 11 and people were playing chess, alcohol out but not many people drinking, and everyone just sat around talking. A bit awkward considering we were the only ones not a part of Unicamp and also the youngest ones there. Glad I got to catch up with Janet for a little and super psyched that she's moving back down to LA! She told me about her experience teaching abroad in Korea for a year, living by herself, traveling to other countries, and just living the life! Makes me rethink about what I want to do next year. I really want to find a job somewhere else and just get out of LA.. SF... California in general. Don't get me wrong, I love CA, but I just need to get out and away before I settle here.

Sooo... practice early today, mixed boats again. I realize it's not the same without my timing box crew... mainly JenSun, Julia, Will, Henry, Anita. The people sitting around me today are not as vocal and I need those words of encouragement and spikes of intense grunts to keep me pumped for the entire endurance piece, race piece, everything! I love dboat as a sport, but it's definitely the chemistry of the team that makes it worthwhile.

Went bowling tonight w/ the small group that showed for the social. I did the worst in the first game because I suck at bowling. But for the 2nd game, i PRed with a score of 110!!! I've never even come close to 100! For the first 6 frames I kept hitting 9's with one spare. Then i lost my magic for a frame or two, but came back in the end with a strike and spare in the last frame. It was awesomee. How do we end the night? Of course with some yogurtland and volcano. Did I mention that today is the 4th time I've been to Yogurtland in the last 7 days? I should really get to know the workers there so maybe they'll consider sponsoring our team. What a good way to start the week.

3 comments:

jiMe said...

haha sounds like a more productive weekend than I had!

Anonymous said...

omg. you make me so sad. i miss dboat so much. hangout soon!

Galen said...

WTF? Old people = "at least 23"

Daaaaang I'm old...