CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

booksmania

Today's time trials and fitness test results:
150 m in the 10 man boat with just the steersperson - 1:33 mins
push ups in one min (bent knee style for the ladies)- 75
sit ups in one min- 40
20m shuttles in five mins on wet sand- 40

Sorry to disappoint everyone with my weak sauce time trial. After Weds' practice with SD I knew I was nowhere as strong as I was back in May at the end of the season and with a 3 month hiatus, I did what I could. I am happy that UCLA overall kicked ass, especially with Angela's time trial of 1:25, blowing away all the other girls and close to beating nearly half the guys. I'm not going to be devastated if I don't make the team, but after looking at today's scores, I think I stand a fair chance. The problem is all the stronger girls are righties...

Bae and I went to Borders today to use the 40% off any paperback coupon. We walked around the literature sections browsing through different books that we've read before and it's inspiring to hear Bae tell me about different authors/ titles that have made the "1001 books to read before you die" list. And yes, that is a real book. I just added about 10 more books to my to read list, which I'll have to pick up at the library sometime. Books are just too expensive to purchase unless they're really worth keeping. I was gonna buy another GRE prep book but I figure I can just get that on Amazon for about the same price. I settled on "1000 Places to See Before You Die, A Traveler's Life List"
Travelling around Central America was a much better experience for me than Europe was because the culture and dynamic of the people were so humbling. I want to be able to say that I've done everything and seen everything... I want to see the world!! Oh, that is another reason why I really want to make this China team!

1 comments:

Galen said...

Did you know you can use that 40% off coupon more than 1x?