I received a call from a restricted number tonight, and normally that'd be my grandma calling me, but I had a feeling it wasn't. I picked up anyway and here's how it went:
Restricted: Do you know what Prop 8 is?
Me: No, I don't. (I vaguely remembered seeing a commericial about it.)
Restricted: Would you like to hear what it's about?
Me: Yea, sure, go ahead.
Restricted: Prop 8 is an amendment on California's constitution about traditional man-women marriages. If you vote yes, that means you are voting to keep traditional marriages. If you vote no, that means you support same-sex marriages. If you were to vote today, would you vote yes or no?
Me: I know what I'd vote for, can I ask how you would vote?
Restricted: I'd vote yes.
Me: I'd vote no. I support same sex marriages.
Restricted: Have you already made up your mind or are you still deciding?
Me: My decision's final. I believe that gay marriages should be legal.
Restricted: O....K........
Me: Have a nice day.
Restricted: *click*
That was for you, Jim.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Prop 8
Posted by liser at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i will vote no if you change your background to white. the white text on black hurts my eyes...
<3 i love you! =))
Post a Comment