Hey guys!
Week 2 down.. almost half way through! This week passed by much quicker because we have so much work to do everyday. We finally started digging this week and found lots of cool pottery and some human bones. Yesterday we dug up the backfill from the unit they started last year where they found tombs. An engineer came out from Panama City to help us do resistivity testing in that area to pinpoint locations of where similar artifacts would be. It´s been pouring, thundering and lighting every day and night. Mike built us an overhang using bamboo, tarp, and ropes so the rain and sun don´t even faze us ... and I must say it´s pretty impressive. The best investment I´ve made here is my rainboots. I realize as long as I have dry feet nothing else matters. It´s a shame that ponchos and rainboots aren´t the fad in LA because they are so pratical!
Today I learned how to tree climb and made it 70 feet up a tree! It´s way more exhilarating and gratifying than zipling and rappelling because I had to pull my own weight up and it was free. Stayed up there for a good 20-30 mins enjoying the sight of the entire beach and the tops of surrounding trees. Sorry I wont have any pictures to show though because my NEW camera broke last night. So bummed. The instructor is one of the guys from the ecology center with a base out in Drago also. I think he´s around 80 ish and still climbs even after he disturbed a wasp nest a few years ago and almost died from the number of stings. He lost vision in one eye and had severe kidney or liver damage too.
Not much else going on here. I really appreciate the responses and it makes me feel closer to home than I really am. Thanks!
xoxo,
Lisa
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Tree!
Posted by liser at 12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
omg. all your adventures sound amazing. cant wait for your return. be safe and DIG hard!
Post a Comment