Santouka-
The best ramen I've ever had-- located in the Mitsuwa marketplace. I've only tried the shoyu and miso ones, but they also offer a salt one that is always sold out. I think I prefer the miso one cause it's a bit lighter in taste compared to the shoyu... makes sense I guess. I haven't tried the pork that it comes with yet because I only discovered this place a few weeks ago.
No Red Meat
Oh yea so I haven't tried the pork yet because I gave up red meat right after Tempe race which was.. around April 1 I believe. It was a bit difficult the first week trying to avoid beef and pork, both of which I love, but I'm used to it now. In general my body feels lighter and I'm more conscious of vegetarian restaurants and options. Initially I did it to prepare for May race and because I was consuming so much beef/pork on a daily basis. Now it's also to be more environmentally friendly. Did you know that skinnier people are more green to the envt because they require less gas to get around? Makes sense.
Three Day Weekends
So I planned my schedule for my last quarter to be FREE on fridays, COMPLETELY. No class or work and how do I celebrate? I use it as a study day. It's actually a lot more relaxing studying when I'm not required to and I'm not cramming.. and it lessens the load for Mon-Thurs, which SUCK.
Lifting
Shou made Julie and I a work out plan to prepare physically, in addition to land practices, for May race. Been hitting the gym at least twice a week for deadlifts/squats/and smaller muscles, and then maybe another day for extra ab work. It been a painful 3 weeks, being sore all the time, but hopefully it'll pay off next week... and if it happens, I'll keep up the work out to prepare for Prague!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Update.
Posted by liser at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay for updates! sounds like you're doing well. miss ya!
Did you know that veggies also are greener because the amount of energy used to grow plants are a lot less than the greenhouse gas emitting pigs and cows?
Post a Comment